Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Microcosm 2013

My fantastic fiance outdid himself once again when he sent me to this year's Microcosm event as an early birthday gift.

The lectures were fascinating and I thoroughly enjoyed meeting, and talking to, so many like minded hobbyists. Thank you to Steve Waldron and Darcy Barry for driving me to Balboa Park on Saturday and of course to long-time friend Steve Sotelo for rides, food, and generally keeping me entertained outside of the conference. The fried pickles and beignets at Craft and Commerce were truly phenomenal.
Porto Visto - The hotel where we stayed

My room
 

Amazing temps while I was there

Of course I had to bring home a few trip souvenirs and my bounty included the following:

Plants from Black Jungle
- Piper Crocatum
- Ficus villosa
- Noid epiphytic fern
- Several bromeliads


Orchids from Andy's Orchids
- Dryadella Albicans
- Pleurothallis Peroniacephala
- Pleurothallis Dodsonii
- Pleurothallis Diminuta
- Scaphosepalum Medinae
- Liparis Caespitosa
- Bulbophyllum Alagense
- Moss with noid epiphytic fern
Shopping at the booth for Andy's Orchids

Ceramic hides/breeding sites from Ron Skylstad. I call them Ron Pods

Oophaga Pumilio Bastimentos from Adam Butt



Oophaga Sylvatica Paru from Ruprecht Wiedemeyer



 

No comments:

Post a Comment