Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pumilio Cayo de Agua and Pumilio Man Creek

As I mentioned, when these froglets arrived they were so much smaller than I had expected, but I had never actually had Pumilio froglets before so I didn't think too much of it. However, when I saw one of the froglets go through a seizure, typically a sign of calcium deficiency, I started to seek out the advice of experts on the best course of action. Most said they were indeed very small and skinny for 3-4 month old froglets and would likely have a slim chance of making long term. This broke my heart and I figured the best course of action would probably be to simply send them back. I explained my concerns to the seller who offered to guarantee the froglets for an additional 4 months. So from here I'll take the treatment advice I was given and hopefully I can get these guys to pull through. The following pictures were taken on October 10.





Species -  Oophaga Pumilio Cayo de Agua
Line/Origin - 2008 Stubbs, F1
Age - 3-4 Months OOTW
Quantity - 0.0.2
Purchase Date - 9/13/2011
Seller - Reptiles Etc. 



Species -  Oophaga Pumilio Mancreek
Line/Origin - 2004 Stubbs, F1
Age - 3-4 Months OOTW
Quantity - 0.0.2
Purchase Date - 9/13/2011
Seller - Reptiles Etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment